SAP HANA Events check: Unacknowledged events

Hi,

We’re using CheckMK 1.6p15 to check a SAP HANA system. I found that, no matter what I tried, the SAP HANA Events check always reported Unacknowledged events. When we looked in HANA Studio, there were no events whatsoever. So we dug a bit deeper and manually checked in the database what could be causing this.

Indeed we found that in the m_events view some unacknowledged events were reported. According to the SAP documentation these should be automatically acknowledged on system restart, but it turned out that they were also created again on system restart.

Digging a bit deeper we found that these were events of type INFO. So that’s why there was nothing to acknowledge in HANA Studio. However, it’s my believe that INFO events should not be a cause for alarm.

So in order to work around this issue, we changed the function for this in the plugin mk_sap_hana from:

function query_sap_hana_events_open () {
cat <<QUERY
select ‘open_events’, count(*) from m_events where acknowledged=‘FALSE’
QUERY
}

to:

function query_sap_hana_events_open () {
cat <<QUERY
select ‘open_events’, count(*) from m_events where acknowledged=‘FALSE’ and state!=‘INFO’
QUERY
}

Perhaps this can be included in a future release of the mk_sap_hana plugin?

Louis

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.