Scheduled Downtime with 2 different rules

Hello friends,

im new here and also a new user of CheckMK.
Im using the CheckMK 2.1 full enterprise edition for work.
Now im stuck while setting up a rule for my Hosts. What im looking for is, to set two diffrent downtimes for all hosts. One downtime should go every day from 2200 - 0600 and the second rule should work only for the weekend from friday 2200 too monday 0600. Now my problem is that at the weekend my daily rule ignores the weekend rule. I’d like too have daily downtime 2200-0600 and a downime at the weekend friday 2200 - 0600 monday.

I hope you guys can help me.

Greetings Andrey

I have wato folders for seperating various hosts and use timeperiods in combination with a “Check period for hosts” rule on a specific wato folder to control the downtime.

So for example Windows clients are only checked during office hours.

Now my problem is that at the weekend my daily rule ignores the weekend rule. I’d like too have daily downtime 2200-0600 and a downime at the weekend friday 2200 - 0600 monday.

Hello Andrey,

I don’t have much experience with downtime rules specifically, but it seems to me that this could be an order-of-operations thing. Have you tried reversing the order of the 2 rules? If so, what was the outcome?

If Checkmk is unable to parse 2 conflicting rules to your liking, you should be able to get your desired outcome by defining the rules in a way such that there is no overlap between them. For example:

1. Mon-Thu 2200 - 0600
  2. Fri 2200 - Mon 0600

Alternately, since you seem to be using a pair of rules to define any time except Mon-Fri 0600-2200, you could inverse the logic. Define a single time period (Mon-Fri, 0600-2200) and configure Checkmk so that the relevant hosts/services are only monitored during that period.

Hope this helps,
Jason

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.