(Service Check Timed Out) for “Check_MK” service

Hi,

after upgrading to CRE 2.0.0p1 I keep getting (Service Check Timed Out) for “Check_MK” service for clustered services. All the clusters don’t have an IP, so I selected No IP in the Network Address box for the IP Address Family. Further more I created a rule for the Host Check Command, which didn’t work, I tried the assume host is up option as well the service state of one service of the clustered services, no success.
Are there any changes how to monitor clustered services?

Thanks

If you select “no IP” for an host it gets automatically the host status “assumed to be up”.
I think this is an internal setting and cannot be changed. Only overwritten by an own rule.

A timeout of the “Check MK” service on the cluster means the data from the cluster nodes is not coming in time. How long is the execution time of the Check MK service on the cluster nodes?

with cmk --debug -vvn Host I got execution_time=79.890, could it be related with the service_check_timeout=60 in nagios setting?

I think so - why does it take so long?
If this are normal servers (Linux/Windows) you should only have around 2-3 seconds.

I cannot really tell why it takes so long, the slave and the hosts belong to the cluster are in the same network and physically in the same DC. These are Linux servers.
I get execution_time=28.360 for one host in the cluster.

Speaking now if you are on Linux. On the node which takes 79 to execute, try to execute agent locally, so you can see output and there you can find where it hangs. Maybe on some network filesystem (if you have any mounted), or something else.

Hi marbaa, it hangs on the <<<vbox_guest>>> section for 15-22 Seconds.

Ah this problem was discussed last week.
It is not a problem with the “vbox_guest” section but with the time section what comes after this section.
This is the link to the post

Oh thanks, I disabled the systemd-timesyncd.service and it is much quicker. The cluster check execution_time=10.210 and the Check_MK service check is back to normal.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.