Services through NRPE

Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure NRPE as a check on CRE 1.6.0p18. Can anyone help me?
Currently I have CRE 1.2.8p21 were the NRPE check is running. I did the configuration on the new version as it is on 1.2.8p21, but it is not working.

On 1.2.8p21:
The code is in: /omd/sites/instance_name/local/share/check_mk/checks/check_nrpe
Short description is in: /omd/sites/instance_name/local/share/check_mk/checkman/check_nrpe

In the GUI I see it in: WATO > Host & Service Parameters > Access to Agents > Check NRPE parameters and arguments

Do you know why I cannot visualize it in the GUI?

Hi,

the check you need is find in ~/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe and the rule you need is “Classical active an passive Monitoring checks”.

Cheers,
Christian

1 Like

Hi,

I did some test through the GUI and through the concole, but I cannot achieve the desired results.
I tried to reproduce the following setup, that is currently running on CRE 1.2.8:

with:

And I get as a result - null

Some the other fails let to:

• CHECK_NRPE: Receive header underflow - only -1 bytes received (4 expected).
  • CHECK_NRPE: (ssl_err != 5) Error - Could not complete SSL handshake with 172.18.66.24: 1

Can anyone help with that ?

Thanks

Did you check if the IP from your new check_mk server? You can also check the connetion via cli!

I have connection from my new check_mk to the IP address.

Currently I trying with that:

and I get - CHECK_NRPE: (ssl_err != 5) Error - Could not complete SSL handshake with XXX.XX.XX.XX: 1

Can you give me some hint?

Hi,
did you copy your ssl key to the target system for unattended login?
Cheers,
Christian

Hi,

Is it stored in /etc/ssl/certs/localhost.crt?
In what directory on the target system I have to add it?

Thanks,
Georgi

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.