Set Schedule downtimes on the affected hosts instead of services as default

Hey,

maybe a very easy question - but i can not found such a setting.
My colleagues mostly use the quick search for searching the host they want to set in downtime, clicking on the action button and set downtime for the services but not for the entire host. They mostly forget to set the “Schedule downtimes on the affected hosts instead of services” checkbox.
Is it possible to configure this as default?
I’m aware, that they have to remove it when they only want to set a service in downtime an not the whole system.

Regards

P.S. Using CEE v1.6.0p18

Interesting to see that others are facing the same everyday challenges, too. :wink:

Up to now I guess everyone has to make his/her own experiences and “worst case” learn from their past errors for the next time - nevertheless, it’s a never ending story in my opinion and also displays the different views of frequent administrators vs. casual users.

Restricted permissions for given roles / users is not the solution at hand… There’s a checkmk (beginners) tutorial about scheduling downtimes (for hosts and services); maybe this helps to teach the important difference in that procedure?!

But, if there’s any solution about that I’d be interested as well.

Mathias shows in the beginners tutorial an easy way. But you have to do an additional click on the hostname after searching.

Hi gero,

i know how to do that :wink:
I already explained the users how to set a host in downtime.
So it was a request from my users if it’s possible to set this checkbox as default.
And I thought it’s only a little setting

Only for information.
We will do a “workaround” :smiley:
hire a student to generate a website to schedule downtime, using the api

Regards

This is really a kind of “first world problem” although I know the struggle just to good.

Prior to v2.0 there even was no “Schedule downtimes on the affected hosts instead of services” button to begin with. Now we have that and people still don’t get it. I must agree with @brm that this probably will never be fixed by technology. Before this button came I asked Mathias in a community call about this issue and he wasn’t even aware there was one. Gladly we got at least the button.

I think this boils down to: Learning through pain ( either by being woken up during the night by a “false alarm”, or by you @Fabse91 hitting them after making that mistake :wink: ).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.