SmartPING problem

Hello,
I’ve a strange problem with a lot of host, I use Enterprise version 2.0.0p4 and I receive a lot of alert for problem with SmartPING:

No IP packet received for 150.899618 s (deadline is 150.000000 s)

It is very strange because if I ping the host from linux shell it doen’t lost packet.

Please can you help me?

Thank you

You can find out more about Smart Ping here: Special characteristics of the CMC

Since its ping implementation is different (afair no payload, different timing, …), some firewall systems might drop the packets or the responses. Perhaps you can find something in the firewall logs or via tcpdump.

You can also just revert to normal ping instead of smart ping as host check command (not sure about the exact ruleset location in cmk 2.0), if this helps, but you will lose the performance benefits of smart ping.

HTH
Martin

2 Likes

Hi Martin, thank you for your answer but I found the problem, the host are growth a lot in the last fews weeks and now a lot of packet are filtered by our Firewall because it recognize them as ddos attack.

Now I create an exception and all is working well.

Thank you
Andrea

Same problem here but my firewall-log doesn’t show any drops or dos. We use a Fortigate just for our monitoring.

Josef

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.