SNMPv3 A general failure occured (5/1)

Hi,

After installing checkmk_1.6P19 i’m trying to go to monitor ISILON but i see that check_mk goes in error with the message

“CRIT - [snmp] SNMP Error on ISILON-A while walking .1.3.6.1.4.1.12124.2.55.1.3. Normally this is caused by a device sending invalid SNMP responses (Details: (genError) A general failure occured (5/1)).CRIT, Got no information from host, execution time 2.2 sec”

Anyone already faced with this problem?.

Thx.
Dario.

Looks like the device is not reachable over SNMP or was before but not now… You can try to do a manual snmpwalk to see if this is the problem.

On the command line use the following checks as the site user.

cmk -D ISILION-A

to check if the config is correct. And then

cmk --debug -vvn ISILION-A

to simulate the CMK access to your device

1 Like

Hi @andreas-doehler, @marco

Thx.
Dario.

The problem is the “emc_isilion_power” check. What version do you used before the update to 1.6.0p19?
If it was a 1.6 version also before then it is strange as this check was not changed since two years.

One thing you can try is to disable the “emc_isilion_power” check with the rule “Disabled checks”.
Try then to do a complete reinventory on the machine with “cmk --debug -vvII ISILION-A”
If there are other problems you will get the error message.

Hi @andreas-doehler,

Before the update the version was 1.6.0p18. While installing rpm 1.6.0p19 i got the following message. i don’t know if it’s useful.

it seems that after creating the rule I get another error on emc_isilon_temp.cpu

By adding emc_isilon_temp.cpu to the rule I no longer encounter problems.

very strange though… is it a bug?.

Thx.
Dario

I don’t think this is a bug in CMK it looks more like an SNMP problem on your Isilon system.
Other option is that your Isilon has the data in other OID’s (different firmware can result in different OID’s).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.