Status data not shown in inventory

Storage is completely missing. Is there any plugin involved delivering the data? Or is this a Windows-server? I see hardware.storage.disks built in ~/share/check_mk/inventory/win_disks, but there is no lnx_disks.

The reason is that we want to use inventory-data to feed our CMDB where local filesystems should be included for capacity management. Maybe an alternative would be to fetch inventory and then the service-overview of a host with &output_format=json for an automatic import/update, but if I remember correctly I read somewhere in the documentation that this will not be supported any longer and might stop working in the future.

I’m only providing the data, not importing to the CMDB. The people involved in importing don’t like to use service-overview for that purpose. (I don’t really know why, and this is surely not a problem with Checkmk :wink: )

We also would like to extend the inventory with information about DB2-instances as it happens with Oracle-databases, that’s why I would like to understand how to write inventory-plugins, also a nice opportunity to improve my Python-skill :slight_smile: