Stop Notifications During and After Backups

Hello there,

I currently have a number of servers being monitored through check_mk Raw 1.6.0p11. Each one is setup to have a ping check every minute to see if it is still up. Everything is working correctly, except during the night during our backup period we get notifications that the host is going down and back up. I’ve tried setting notification periods, check periods, and scheduled downtime but every time the time period ends, we get the emails about how it went down and back up. Any way to stop this from happening? I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Thank you.

Hi,

you can configure Time Periods and use it as condition for your notification rule

Please take a look at the manual:
https://checkmk.com/cms_timeperiods.html#Zeitperioden%20konfigurieren

Hope it helps

Anastasios

2 Likes

It is also possible to set a downtime and remove the downtime via pre backup scripts and post backup scripts. If your backup solution support this, you could trigger the downtime at this point.

1 Like

I ended up giving this a shot and it did work! A little disappointed that this is the best way to do it, but a solution is still a solution. Thank you for the suggestion!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.