Switch Down - Services in stale

Hi, I have a question about monitoring my switches. When the equipment is offline, the services (interfaces) are in their last state. Due to monitoring through NagVis I need the interfaces to be in Critical and not UP (stale).
It’s possible? My version is RAW 1.6

Sorry my english, I used the translator

No - only your host and the Check_MK service will be critical. All other services are passive services and get only no new data (stale).
You should also somewhere in your NagVis view include the host state. This will then be critical.

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt answer, I’m still investigating.

Attached an image, where you can see the middle box is a switch (ip monitoring) and the arrows its interfaces. It is not logical that if the host goes down, the interfaces are green. Any ideas?

It looks like the image is lost :slight_smile:

Why not - if your switch only does not ping or the snmp daemon crashes all the interfaces possible are working as before. Why should an interface shown as critical if the devices crashes. It is the same for server why should every service goes critical if the agent does not respond.

212 / 5000

Resultados de traducción

I understand that, but if the interfaces, or the service cannot be monitored, the status should not be OK (Stale), in any case it should be “unknown” or similar. Now I am attaching the image haha, sorryAnotación 2021-09-16 145615

No all these services are passive services. You cannot compare these type of service with a classic Nagios service who is actively checked. The system gets no data and that’s it. No data means really no data about any status in such a case.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.