Systemd Service Summary Help

Checkmk version = 2.1.0p13
Suse 15.2 Sles and sled

Just joined the checkmk user group and in the process of setting up my site for checkmk.

Im having an issue trying to sort out how to stop a crit alert on my Suse systems. For what ever reason Systemd Service Summary all ways reports 2 crit alerts for user@ All my systems are configured with openldap for creds. So my question is how do i go about telling that service to ignore this type of alert.

[Systemd Service Summary] Total: 160, Disabled: 15, Failed: 2, 2 static services failed (user@464, user@65534)CRIT

Something to note is that those user id numbers can change from system to system. So i guess my question should be how to ignore alerts for user@ under systemd?

Yes, these user@NUMBER services appear from time to time. I suggest adding a rule Systemd Services Summary to ignore those units like so:

The \d+ is a regular expression and means “any number” so the rule will ignore units with these names.

See also Systemd Service summary issues with check_mk

3 Likes

Thank you so much for that. Worked like a charm!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.