Teams Notification CheckMK

Hello,

I’ve tried to setup the Teams notification for CheckMK.
I added this script to the debian instance: https://github.com/RileyMichael/checkmk-notify-teams
I configured the notifcation below:

I get the error: Failed to send notificaion. Status: 400, Response: Invalid webhook URL.
When I open the webhook URL manually I also get an errror: “Invalid webhook request - GET not supported”

Anyone has an idea how to solve this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Matthew

It looks like you configured thw webhook URL twice.

The notification plugin has a little bug as it uses the list of parameters for the URL:

url = context.get("PARAMETERS")

Make sure that the notification plugin only has one parameter.

1 Like

Hello @r.sander thank you for your fast response.
I only tried to add the URL a second time but it didn’t worked.

Sorry I didn’t understand this: “Make sure that the notification plugin only has one parameter”
Should I modify the script?

“urnotify
l = context.get(“PARAMETERS”)”

How can I verify if the notification plugin only has one parameter?

Thank you in advance!

No. In your notification rule screenshot the webhook URL is shown twice. This does not work.

Hi,
have you tried this plugin https://exchange.checkmk.com/p/msteams?

Karl

Ok thanks, I have the webhook URL only 1 time and I get the same error.

Hi, thank you for your response.
Sincerly I didn’t understand where I have to move the script file, can you give me the path?
Is this the same path where I added the other script?

Hi,
download the mkp file to your Checkmk and then: Setup > Maintenance: Extension packages > Upload package. Checkmk will upload and extract into the correct path.

If you don’t have the Enterprise Edition: Copy the mkp file into your site directory and then install on the CLI: mkp install FILE

Karl

1 Like

Hi,

thank you for your response. I tried to install the file via mkp install but I got this error:

And yes, we use for now only the Raw Edition :wink:

Hi,
you have to …

1. copy the mkp file to the home directory of your site on the Checkmk server e.g. /opt/omd/sites/YOURSITE
  2. Switch into your site user: omd su YOURSITE
  3. Install the file: mkp install FILE

Karl

1 Like

Thank you very much and sorry I’m quit new in using Linux :grimacing:

Hi,
you should see the new notification method in Setup > Notifications:

Karl

1 Like

Hi Karl,

can you tell me how I can check if the alerts now are working?
In Teams no messages arrived.

I have two hosts down and I rescheduled the checks but I didn’t get any notification in Teams :frowning:

EDIT: I didn’t have installed python on my Linux server: apt-get install python-requests
This was the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.