The number of configured checkers is higher than the number of available CPUs on distributed sites

2.1.0p24 CEE
Ubuntu 20.24

The “probes” I run on distributed sites with less CPUs then the master (that has 4) because some of them simply do a lot less, provides the following error:

check_mk: The number of configured checkers is higher than the number of available CPUs. To avoid unnecessary context switches, the number of checkers should be limited to the number of CPUs. Recommended number of checkers: 2

I tried enabling WATO on the distributed site and change the global setting [Maximum concurrent Checkers] to 2. But that’s get overwritten as soon as I push a change.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Matthew

When you have enabled pushing the configuration in Distributed Monitoring, you shouldn’t do changes in wato on the distributed sites.

On the master you can do this in Setup → General → Distributed Monitoring.

Each distributed site a button for “Site specific global configuration”. It is the forth button:

You can change the global configuration for the site there.

Best Regards
Thomas

2 Likes

Great, found it.
Thanks for the quick response!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.