Timeout when activating changes on distributed node

I’m running CheckMK Enterprise 1.6.0p17, and recently I’ve had a couple of issues when activating changes on one distributed node:

State: Failed. Started at: 17:48:12. Finished at: 17:50:03.
Failed: Got invalid data:
Internal automation error: Your request timed out after 110 seconds. This issue may be related to a local configuration problem or a request which works with a too large number of objects. But if you think this issue is a bug, please send a crash report.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/omd/sites/ger0/lib/python/cmk/gui/wato/pages/automation.py”, line 186, in _execute_automation_command
html.write(repr(automation.execute(automation.get_request())))
File “/omd/sites/ger0/lib/python/cmk/gui/wato/pages/activate_changes.py”, line 519, in execute
return cmk.gui.watolib.activate_changes.execute_activate_changes(request.domains)
File “/omd/sites/ger0/lib/python/cmk/gui/watolib/activate_changes.py”, line 1285, in execute_activate_changes
warnings = domain_class().activate()
File “/omd/sites/ger0/lib/python/cmk/gui/watolib/config_domains.py”, line 69, in activate
return check_mk_local_automation(config.wato_activation_method)
File “/omd/sites/ger0/lib/python/cmk/gui/watolib/automations.py”, line 112, in check_mk_local_automation
outdata = p.stdout.read()
File “/omd/sites/ger0/lib/python/cmk/gui/htmllib.py”, line 790, in handle_request_timeout
“issue is a bug, please send a crash report.”) % duration)
RequestTimeout: Your request timed out after 110 seconds. This issue may be related to a local configuration problem or a request which works with a too large number of objects. But if you think this issue is a bug, please send a crash report.

I’ve looked at similar topics, for this issue, and one suggestion mentions running this command:
cmk --debug -vvR
This completes successfully with no errors. I did note this line, perhaps unrelated:
Time needed [cmc_all_hosts]: 153.53 sec

This node is busier than other distributed nodes, but I don’t appear to be constrained on cpu or memory. Any ideas?

Hi,
did you check your configuration with cmk --debug -vvU if there are errors?
Cheers,
Christian

HI Christian,

thanks for the suggestion, I hadn’t tried with that particular parameter. It completed without any errors today when I ran this.
Edit for clarification: the command ran without issues. Activating changes still has issues as per the original post.

Just to close off the topic and for future reference, I couldn’t find any issues with the configuration, but WATO was still showing the error. I activated the changes on the command line on the distributed site, then cleared the contents of the replication_changes file for the distributed site under “var/check_mk/wato/” on the master.
Subsequent activations in WATO have gone through without issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.