Trend in thick provisioned volume(3PAR) Filesystem showing critical

Hi,

Can someone help me in configuring 3PAR volume checks,
Currently, the filesystem Trend is showing critical but actually the trend is not required

100% used (50.00 of 50.00 GB),
trend: 0.00 B / 24 hoursCRIT,
Compact: 1.0,
Type: FULL,
WWN:

How can I configure a custom Filesystems (used space and growth) rule without Trend

Thank you

First, you are sure that it warns for the trend and not for the full filesystem?
From your output it is not clear what the real problem is.

This is a bug at the moment. Last week I made a pull request on Github to fix this.

If you want, you can modify the affected files and try if it is working then without trend on your system.

hi,

Thank you for the response.
Please find the error snip attached.

is there a way to create a custom file for a host alone?

I don’t think it, this possible. But with the modification you can use the filesystem rule with the option to process trend or not.

@andreas-doehler any comments regarding the error snip? is there a way to solve this by changing the existing check rule?

The screenshot looks like a CRIT state trend value.
Now comes a but. The 3par volume check is an old check and shows the critical state for the whole filesystem portion, starting with the “100%” until the “24 hours”. I think you check is critical as the volume has 100%. In newer filesystem checks you see the state for every part of the check.
You should first test to create a rule for this volume that has 101% as value for WARN and CRIT.
Only if the checks stays critical with this setting you can look further.

The check is showing OK after setting the threshold value as 101% for warning and critical.

Just a doubt,
Is this the correct way of configuring thick provisioned volumes in 3PAR?

@andreas-doehler
Where can I find this new filesystem check?

This is no real new check. I mean the normal filesystem checks inside CMK.
The 3par check is not migrated to the new (2.x) checks. It is in the old 1.6 style.

Ok Thank you @andreas-doehler

Just one more clarification.
Currently the check is showing OK after setting the threshold value to 101%.

Is this the correct way of configuring thick provisioned volumes in 3PAR?

I would say this is the correct way for such volumes.

Ok @andreas-doehler Thanks alot for suggestions and Support.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.