Turned OFF Hosts (PCs) still throw Error: CRIT '[agent] Communication failed: [Errno 113] No route to host'

Hi, I am using Version: 2.0.0p22 (CRE) running as Docker on an Ubuntu Linux. I installed the agent on Win10 PCs and acivated all services for the specific host(s). All is running well, the only problem is, that I get CRIT messages AFTER some Hosts (PCs) are turned off.

Rules ‘Check Host command’ and ‘Status of the Check_MK services’ are set (s. Screenshot)

CRIT Message is:
[agent] Communication failed: [Errno 113] No route to host, Got no information from host, execution time 3.1 sec

I put my hosts in a folder strucrure like CLIENTS\FOLDER1 / CLIENTS\FOLDER2 / …
The rules are on Folder CLIENTS and the hosts should inherit that rules

I changed also in Setup - Agent acces rules - ‘Agent TCP connect timeout’ to a very long timeout as the hosts can be down sometimes for some days and that is ok so.

But is that the right way to do so ?
Both rules ‘Check Host command’ and ‘Status of the Check_MK services’ should do the job, and are also shown in the parameters view of the hosts. Am I overseeing something ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @cmk123 and welcome to the checkmk community.

Try the following rules to accomplish your needs:

Hi, Thanks

‘Check period for passive Check_MK services’ has no effect
‘Check period for active services’ has an effect.

Anyway, the problem with both rules is, that I cannot fix a time period. I don’t know when the hosts will go down. And it should also be possible that hosts are down for some time, even days, what shouldn’t trigger any alerts.

I checked and it seems Rules ‘Check Host command’ has an effect, but rule ‘Status of the Check_MK services’ not. It seems, I cannot set an timeout where no alerts a trigered.
Even rule ‘Agent TCP connect timeout’ set to f.ex. 86400 s does not have an effect as after some minutes I got the messages again:

CRIT Message
[agent] Communication failed: [Errno 113] No route to host, Got no information from host, execution time 3.1 sec

Screenshot: Service Problems (unhandled)
Screenshot Events of recent 4 hours

Thanks so far

I have some PCs inside my monitoring systems and the rule for the “Status of the Checkmk services” looks like this.

1 Like

Hi, one of these additional parameters worked for me:

• State in case of empty output
  • State in case of unhandled exception

cmk1

Thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.