Unacknowledged messages have exceeded max size, new messages are dropped

Hello
I use logwatch to monitor mylog
now , i see this message
CRIT - Unacknowledged messages have exceeded max size, new messages are dropped (limit 500,000 B)

Where or what rule should be set so that it is not produce?

Hi Joe,

this has been discussed here Unacknowledged messages being dropped - #8 and Logwatch - Messages have exceeded max size. Checkmk RAW 1.6.0p7 :slight_smile: if both don’t answer your question, feel free to request more detailed information here, once you have a specific question.

(also here, but in german, guess google translate might help: [Check_mk (deutsch)] CRIT - unacknowledged messages have exceeded max size, new messages are dropped (limit 500000 Bytes))

Gerd

i already set the checkmk plugin like that

Checkmk force logwatch to read file from the beginning - #12 by andreas-doehler to force the plugin to read from the begin of log file

also i’ve this configuration in my logwatch.cfg

"path/*.log" fromstart=True
 W NOK
 W previous
 C error
 I OK

ok - so it’s now only about getting rid of the collected log messages on the checkmk server site, correct?

→ it is explained in details here: Mk_logwatch, how to bring the state back to OK - #2 by martin.schwarz :slight_smile:

1 Like

no, it’s not the same

Joe :slight_smile: … no one here will start to guess or read your mind about what your problem is. If you need further help, try to explain where you are currently stuck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.