Understanding Stale Items

Quick update - I’ve made some progress here. The issue doesn’t appear to be the above at all, but rather something with the custom python plugins that we’ve written. We have a bunch of these, and some are quite old and pre-date our upgrade to v1.5. I noticed that if I removed the local check from the Windows server (so that the server agent code is not called) the stale problems go away and the v1.6 server output looks like the v1.5 server output. Unfortunately at the moment, I don’t really know why and I don’t know why this doesn’t happen consistently with every single custom plugin across every machine. Everytime I try to troubleshoot (using cmk -nv for example) everything looks fine.

SO … one question. I guess need to update these to follow better coding guidelines and be cleaner overall. I noticed things changed significantly with v2.0 with regards to custom plugins (and the documentation is more complete) so I think it might make sense to move to 2.0 and only have to recode these once. Do you think that makes sense or are there some other steps I can take with things as they are now?

1 Like