Updating Exchange plugins for 2.0.0 (python 3)

There seems to be a wide-spread problem with donated plugins which don’t actually work any more under Check_MK v2.0.0. See, for example, Monitoring Folder Size - #3 by Pixelpoint

Is there somewhere a document that outlines the integration with the agent bakery with updates suitable for the new python 3 code? Or even a suggestion for a plugin which works and could be used as a model to copy code from?

In my case I’m trying to use the YUM Update Check, version 2.1.0, which is supposed to work with Check_MK 2.0.0 or higher, and running into issues with shutil not being present, strings and POSIX names not being concatable, etc.

The YUM plugin is available in version 2.3.1 on its github page: Releases · HenriWahl/checkmk-agent-plugin-yum · GitHub

You may find our collection of plugins useful: GitHub - HeinleinSupport/check_mk_extensions: check_mk Plugins

1 Like

Beautiful. I’ll try the updated version…thanks.

Out of curiosity, is there some particular reason these aren’t uploaded to the Check_MK exchange? I have no objection to GitHub, but find that it’s a sprawling mess unless I already know something specific to search on. That said, I suppose I’ll try searching on a number of variations on “Check_MK” and see what else might be out there. :slight_smile:

Though I must say that I’m REALLY not getting the logic of the conditional in the plugin itself that controls when yum is used to update the cached data

if [ "$YUM_CURRENT" != "$YUM_CACHED)" ] && [ ! -s $CACHE_RESULT_CHECK ]

The first clause is pretty much always guaranteed to be true given what is almost certainly a spurious ) and if it were just that I’d submit a pull request. But unless I’m missing the mark, the second clause is only true when the plugin is run within 120 seconds of the server being rebooted. I think. Unless I’m really missing something here.

However in my testing, there does seem to be an update only after reboot or if I manually delete $CACHE_RESULT_CHECK.

??

Thanks.

These questions can only be answered by Henri Wahl. Maybe the best would be to open an issue there.

For reference: GitHub - HenriWahl/checkmk-agent-plugin-yum: Checks for updates on RPM-based distributions via yum.

Good point; I’m loosing track of the players.

Yeah, the problem traces back to a botched change by somebody other than Henri merged in 4 months ago.

I put in a pull request to essentially revert the change. My test copy is working much better with the change. Onward.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.