Upgrading the agent from 2.1.0 to 2.3.0

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the upgrade of agents on the client systems.

The monitor server is running 2.1.0p12 and the clients are also running 2.1.0p12.

So when upgrading to the latest version, I first need to upgrade the monitor server from 2.1.0.p12 to 2.2.0 and then to 2.3.0.

What is the safe way to upgrade client-agents? Should I now upgrade the agent clients in the same way as the monitor server? or can I skip all versions and upgrade the client agents from 2.1.0p12 to 2.3.0?

Thank you very much for your time!

Best regards
Nabi

There is no risk of breaking things regarding the agent. If you can live with some smaller errors in the monitoring during the update process, you can go directly from 2.1.0 to 2.3.0.

However, if you use the agent updater/agent bakery, make sure you update to the latest 2.2.0 patch first, otherwise the automatic update will fail and you have to manually update the agent on all hosts.

I think the agent update might be possible on the enterprise version, but I’m using the raw version. I don’t know if automatic updating is possible. I saw other blogs that said about Ansible or Puppet. If you know of an easy way, let me know. Thanks