Use Nsclient++ agent with ChekMk2 RAW

Hi Everyone.

We want to use check_mk2 Raw Version together with NSCLIENT++ as we do now with version 1.2.8. What files should I modify?

Thank you

Hi zorel,

why do you want to do that? Normally using the check_mk_agent is easier, safer, quicker :slight_smile:

to answer your question though:

But either way, I think the use of check_nrpe as a classical nagios plugin hasn’t changed so you can still use nsclient++ on windows servers and query them using the same way. The nagios rule has been renamed within the checkmk GUI but works the same, it is: Integrate Nagios plugins

2 Likes

Thanks again gstolz.

We want use the NSClient++ because we has installed in all enviroment and is more easy and fast if we dont chenge the agent.

From what I understand, we would not need to change configuration files at the Debian level, except the user files to use the same current Nagios user, is that right?

correct, no need to change any files, all you do is use the available checkmk rule in the GUI to configure “check_nrpe” calls.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.