Where in version 1.6 or 2.0 can I check the IP address of a given host?

Where in version 1.6 or 2.0 can I check the IP address of a given host?

or in version 2.0 the host IP is empty. Why?

Interesting, for me the IP address is showing in 2.0.0p11 right where you have the questionmark. Then again, I did fill in the IP addresses when creating the hosts; not relying on DNS in this case. Maybe it’s that.

Now that you mention it, I do have some hosts with multiple addresses and it only shows the address I filled in. I’ll check if I can find out more about this.

Try change column vield from yours “host addresses (IPv4/IPv6)” for example “Host adress (Primary)” in the ‘edit view’. Mayby you use only ip addresses in nagios configs files, then resolve dns cache is empty.
And if you many users in check_mk set this view globally, set mark “Make this view available for other users” in “General Properties”.

The way I set it up is that for any host I edit the view, change the column parameter to another, this time it was host address(primary), in the options above ‘General Properties’ I check ‘Make this view available for other users’, save the changes and it works,

THANK YOU ALL :slight_smile:

Topic closed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.