Where to get latest mk_logwatch.exe?

Just trying to get mk_logwatch working on the latest 2.2 CRE of Checkmk. I do have Python 3.11.5 on the Windows server but the plugin doesn’t seem to do anything despite having logwatch.cfg in C:\ProgramData\checkmk\config\. Since documentation is non-existent and toying around with the YML files didn’t help either, just trying the latest available exe version might work.

the exe version is not available anymore. you have to use the mk_logwatch.py version (it has been reported that the python version does not work properly under windows, don’t know if this problem has been fixed yet).

we are using the last available exe version and for us it works under 2.1 for now.

Any chance you could upload that exe somewhere? Obviously I’d prefer getting it from an official source, it’s bad to not have any other ways around it. I tried with Python and it didn’t work for me. No documentation surely doesn’t help.

Found the exe plugin here:

It works perfectly, didn’t have to do anything, it detected my logwatch.cfg file as well. No issues grouping logfiles with the rules as well.

The exe does not work on Windows Server 2022 :
PS C:\ProgramData\checkmk\agent\plugins> .\mk_logwatch.exe
Program ‘mk_logwatch.exe’ failed to run: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.At line:1 char:1

• .\mk_logwatch.exe

At line:1 char:1

• .\mk_logwatch.exe
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [], ApplicationFailedException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandFailed

Concerning mk_logwatch.py : I’m lost in different posts.
Are we supposed to use the same script than for Linux (I use 2.2.0p14.cre) ?
Install python on servers I have to monitoring is not a option.

Does it mean that there is no solution to monitor log text file on Windows hosts ?

We really need clarification on this matter. This is such a basic monitoring feature that used to work fine on 1.6 with Windows at that time (which would be around 2019).