Wrong time range inside the report

Hi,

When I try to create a report of the host and service availability of a particular host group in the “Yesterday” time range its showing inside the report as below,
Timerange: Yesterday - from 2023-03-18 23:00:00 until 2023-03-19 22:00:00.

But It should be “Timerange: Yesterday - from 2023-03-19 00:00 until 2023-03-20 00:00”.
How can I change it?
How is this time range calculated?

Please give some suggestions/advice.

Thank you

Hi @ETSystems

Which version (precisely) are you using?

I can’t reproduce this behavior on a 2.1p22, see screenshot

Are there any other display or computation options you changed?

Best
Elias

Hi @elias.voelker ,

We are using version “Checkmk Managed Services Edition 2.1.0p24”.
We haven’t changed any display or computation options.
Is there any way to check these details?

Thank you

OK, I don’t have a CME that I can play around with, unfortunately.

I think the “computation options” are specific to the availability view, but you find them here.

For Display Options, there is a “reset” button:

The same for computation options:

Not sure if these changes are logged anywhere, though.

@elias.voelker

still its the same,

That is strange. I’ll ask one of the guys with a CME if they can reproduce that.

Thanks, a lot. @elias.voelker :slight_smile:
I will wait for your update

Alright, so we tried it on a fresh CME 2.1 p24 and were not able to reproduce it. Everything worked as expected. So it doesn’t seem like it’s a bug for now.

We’re well into the land of speculation now, but:

Could it be some kind of time-zone issue? Server time being off? Could it be a wrongly set date for the change in Daylight Saving time (happened in the US in the night from March 11 to 12, and in Europe will happen March 25 to 26)? Interesting that your time period happens to be right in between those two…

What happens if you do it for “yesterday”, meaning March 20?

1 Like

hi @elias.voelker ,

I cross-checked with my other site and I do confirm that the issue is only with this particular site. what could be the issue?

hi @elias.voelker ,

initially, the server and the checkmk were deployed in the wrong time zone.
later, we manually changed the system time zone and I guess that created a conflict in checkmk and the system time zone. I have now restarted the server and the issue is now solved.

Nice, glad you were able to resolve the issue!

Happy monitoring!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.