' adds to each url for http check

Hi,

I have many http checks for monitor websites for changes.
Here is a example conf:

As url I use: /de/support/model/LC49RG90SSUXEN/

But the check fails with:

HTTP CRITICAL: HTTP/1.1 200 OK - string '<li 
class="manuals-downloa...' not found on 
(https://www.samsung.com:443/de/support/model/LC49RG90SSUXEN/&#x27;)
 - 369312 bytes in 0.424 second response time

I don’t know where check mk adds the &#x27; at the end.
Only 2 http checks are working, I don’t know why (I created the working checks long time before the other one).

I created a host to summerize these checks. It has 127.0.0.1 as ip. I moved the http checks to another “real” client, but this changed nothing.

My cmk version is 2.0.0p15
I’m using this plugin: HTTP/HTTPS Connection

Output from cmk --debug -vvn host:

OMD[monitoring]:~$ cmk --debug -vvn Webseitenueberwachung
Checkmk version 2.0.0p15
Try license usage history update.
Trying to acquire lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/var/check_mk/license_usage/next_run
Got lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/var/check_mk/license_usage/next_run
Trying to acquire lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/var/check_mk/license_usage/history.json
Got lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/var/check_mk/license_usage/history.json
Next run time has not been reached yet. Abort.
Releasing lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/var/check_mk/license_usage/history.json
Released lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/var/check_mk/license_usage/history.json
Releasing lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/var/check_mk/license_usage/next_run
Released lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/var/check_mk/license_usage/next_run
+ FETCHING DATA
  Source: SourceType.HOST/FetcherType.PIGGYBACK
[cpu_tracking] Start [7f971b860e80]
No piggyback files for 'Webseitenueberwachung'. Skip processing.
No piggyback files for '127.0.0.1'. Skip processing.
[PiggybackFetcher] Fetch with cache settings: NoCache(base_path=PosixPath('/omd/sites/monitoring/tmp/check_mk/data_source_cache/piggyback/Webseitenueberwachung'), max_age=MaxAge(checking=0, discovery=120, inventory=120), disabled=False, use_outdated=False, simulation=False)
[PiggybackFetcher] Execute data source
[cpu_tracking] Stop [7f971b860e80 - Snapshot(process=posix.times_result(user=0.0, system=0.0, children_user=0.0, children_system=0.0, elapsed=0.0))]
[cpu_tracking] Start [7f971b860ac0]
+ PARSE FETCHER RESULTS
  Source: SourceType.HOST/FetcherType.PIGGYBACK
No persisted sections loaded
  -> Add sections: []
Received no piggyback data
Loading item states
Trying to acquire lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/tmp/check_mk/counters/Webseitenueberwachung
Got lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/tmp/check_mk/counters/Webseitenueberwachung
Releasing lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/tmp/check_mk/counters/Webseitenueberwachung
Released lock on /omd/sites/monitoring/tmp/check_mk/counters/Webseitenueberwachung
No piggyback files for 'Webseitenueberwachung'. Skip processing.
No piggyback files for '127.0.0.1'. Skip processing.
[cpu_tracking] Stop [7f971b860ac0 - Snapshot(process=posix.times_result(user=0.010000000000000009, system=0.0, children_user=0.0, children_system=0.0, elapsed=0.0))]
execution time 0.0 sec | execution_time=0.000 user_time=0.010 system_time=0.000 children_user_time=0.000 children_system_time=0.000 cmk_time_agent=0.000

Even if I try to monitor google, the &#x27; are added.

Thanks, this reinforces the suspicion that there is a misconfiguration. But where could this be?

Check for an apostrophe ´ ←
somewhere in your rule. That’s what &#x27; translates to.

Yes, I know, but I don’t find any ´ in my checks. maybe another place?

Hi,
Did you ever find a solution to this as we are experiencing the same problem
Thanks

Hi, I fixed it long time ago. I looked and did not find the solution.
Since no one answered me then except one user, I decided to keep the solution then also for me, I’m sorry for you.
I can tell you what it definitely was not:

• Update/reinstallation of Checkmk
  • Changes to the code of Checkmk
  • Client errors
  • Error in the direct configuration of the HTTP check

Sometimes these issues are resolved with little or no feedback and perhaps the SMEs didn’t see your original post. I have gotten pretty good results when asking if stale entries in the forums have been resolved…sometimes not.

I too am having this problem with &#x27 showing up in our IIS application pool monitors. Would you be willing to share your findings @Peronia?

We also have the same issue with &#x27 in the service description of our IIS Application Pool checks. The description show up normal in service discovery and from the agent output, with the apostrophe.

I had the same issue and it was resolved after I swapped hostname for IP in “Hosts name / IP address” and added hostname in “Virtual host”.

@Sara
is there something like an award for “user of the month”? I think well deserved! :wink:

Well, even though being helpful is appreciated and is aligned with our values, I believe anyone is in their right to keep their knowledge to themselves :relieved:

On the other hand, the tone of the post you mentioned, is not the tone that is appreciated in this community; it has been a year, but disrespectful way of addressing fellow community members was not tolerated before and is not tolerated now. Repeated situations like this one, where a message clearly contains disrespect to other members of discussion, would result in a warning and a possible ban, based on the community rules.

So even though the discussion already seems closed, I would remind anyone reading this that Checkmk community is for people who consider it a value and not a place of disrespect.

Upd: to clarify, the tone of the original poster was meant. Not sharing knowledge is fine and personal choice, but showing it in this way is not really what feels right to me.