APC UPS Network Management Card 3

Hi there,

we are using an APC Smart-UPS SRT 1500 with the new NMC-Card v3.
On this card we use the external temperature sensor that reports correctly its data to the webinterface of the APC but it doesn’t report it back to check_mk when using apc_symmetra_ext_temp
We created a manual rule for that but it doesn’t recognize the sensor even if we try multiple number 1-4 etc.
Rule Setting:

Webinterface Check_mk

Webinterface APC:

If I run an snmpwalk with it oid 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.10.2.3.2.1.4 I also did not get any output.

On v2 of the NMC-Card the output of this OID is correct.

How can we use the check_mk build-in check for this external temperature check with this new nmc-card version?

_Shorty

Which SNMP versions did you choose in the Properties of hostData sources?

Hi Matzes,

we are using SNMP v1.

So then you could change the host to SNMPv2 and then the check for the sensor should be found.

nothing changed, same result

I just bought an external temperature sensor for an CPU PDU hoping CheckMk would see it, but so far, no good. Anyone monitoring temperature off of an APC sensor?

OK, here’s a clue. Looks like the sensor is at SNMP OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.26.10 according to this: https://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA156179/ .

Sure enough, if I snmpwalk that I see my sensor name in there. What do I do with this now though? None of the values look like anything that match the values I see in the APC gui.

I see the apc_symmetra_ext_temp check is compiled python so I can’t experiment with making changes to my own local version.

Found this post: APC rack-PDU temperature sensor - #2 by wittmannthom
I tried the package but it throws errors. Before I found that, I tried my own plugin (attached).

apc_rackpdu_ext_temp.txt (2.8 KB)

It sort of works. My python is no good so I think I’m limited to integer temperatures… and I’d like to base the service name on the name of the sensor but don’t know how to do that. Can anyone help?

Hello,
try this package : Checkmk Exchange
It is for Check_mk 1.6.0p.16, if you have 2.0.0 you only need to import temperature at top of file in /omd/sites//local/share/check_mk/checks/apc_rackpdu like this
from cmk.base.check_legacy_includes.temperature import *
and remove include at bottom.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.