2024 March Community Bulletin

:newspaper: Updates

Hello Community!

March is over and it is time for our Community Bulletin!

Short overview of March news

Checkmk 2.3 Beta

We started the beta testing for Checkmk 2.3: Join us for Checkmk 2.3 Beta Testing!

Thank you to everyone who reported and keeps reporting your feedback on the 2.3 release. Your help with testing is invaluable and provides the perspectives we could not have acquired without you and your specific cases.

Community Call: Checkmk 2.3 Beta

50+ people joined us on the 6th of March to learn more about 2.3 and how to test it: Checkmk 2.3 Beta Testing Community Call

Thank you!

Community Call: Developer APIs

More than 20 plug-in developers joined to discuss their questions about the new DevAPIs and new ways of maintaining their Plug-ins. It was our first call in the format of a Developer Hour and it received good feedback: Community Call: Checkmk 2.3 DevAPI and Plugin Migration

We hope to see you soon on more of the calls in that format!

Checkmk at SCALE21

Community saying hi from the US: Meet Checkmk Team at SCALE 21x! - #3 by Sara

Spam Attack on the Forum

As probably not many of you noticed (thanks to quick spam reports from @andreas-doehler and @r.sander), our forum has been targeted with spam attacks for several weeks.

Unfortunately, to stop the spammers I had to make some changes, especially in regards to new users: they cannot edit posts and some of their posts might require review from a moderator.

I understand that this can cause some inconveinence, and I hope for your understanding. If the situation with spammers improves, the changes will be reverted.

For now, if you are struggling with any functionality on the forum, please feel free to contact me (@Sara) – I will be happy to help with manual approvals of posts or anything else.

Recent UX Research Results

Check out the results of our recent Micro Surveys:

Micro survey #11: Filter

Micro survey #12: Dashboards

New Community Achevements in March

:trophy: New Community Helpers

First solution! Congratulations and welcome to the community of Checkmk Experts!

@zachattack

@john.d

@bbinder

:trophy: New Community Problem Solvers

5 replies marked as a solution – and that’s only the beginning!

@MarcS (from a Community Helper to a Community Problem Solver within a month!)

@Sara (yours truly is honored and humbled to be in this list)

The month of March is over and the forum is as active as ever: we welcome your feedback on the Beta Testing; we will be glad to hear from you if you want to help us improve Cloud Monitoring or have a say on the IPMI monitoring via the Linux agent.

And as always, I wish you a great month ahead and am looking forward to your feedback,

Sara
:vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

Yay, keep up the good work, congrats! (-:

2 Likes

@zachattack Beers on you! :beers:

2 Likes