Community Call: Checkmk 2.3 DevAPI and Plugin Migration

Hello everyone :vulcan_salute:

As we navigate the Beta Phase of Checkmk 2.3, we want to highlight one significant update: the introduction of new developer APIs for writing monitoring plug-ins. To explore these changes, we’re hosting a Developer Office Hour.

The target audience are developers of Checkmk extensions.

For the office hour to be productive, we ask you to experiment with the new development APIs in advance and try migrating one or two plug-ins already.

Join us on the 22nd of March at 2PM (CET) to meet and discuss and get help on any challenges you faced during the migration of your Checkmk plugins!

Zoom link

You can prepare your questions in advance and add them here: Checkmk Community Call: 2.3 DevAPI Changes - HackMD

Developer Office Hour. What is that?

At universities, professors often schedule regular times to meet with students to discuss the material presented in class or other related topics. Professors know that holding office hours is a useful strategy to augment classroom lectures and homework. Some people learn best by talking it out with experts!

Developer Office Hours will have a similar flavor. An expert is available to talk about development topics. The expert will provide an overview of the topic (i.e. new development APIs) for a few minutes before transitioning to open and informal Q&A and discussion. The goal is for an interactive session where everybody learns something!

9 Likes

Hi, is it possible to record this meeting as we are not working on Fridays and I would like to hear more details about it.

3 Likes

We want to provide a space for anyone participating in that call to ask any questions and discuss any code they have. The session is for anyone who has already migrated plug-ins over to the new APIs and has questions or needs support.
Recording it contradicts the purpose of the meeting since we will not do a presentation.

We will do a detailed presentation on the APIs on the conference, which will be available also as a recording.
And depending on the success and acceptance of the developer office hour, it is something we might repeat in the future so that also others like you can participate.

3 Likes

Hello Comunity and especially the participants of the call last Friday :wave:

As agreed, I wanted to ask you about what you think about Developer Hours as a more regular event at Checkmk.

Do you think it is a good idea to have more Developer Hour calls like the one we had on the 22nd of March?

• Yes
  • No
  • This specific call could have been better but I agree that the idea is good
  • Better have more of the usual Community Calls with more focus on Checkmk team presenting updates, rather than answering questions
0 voters

If you find that the community could benefit from calls like this one from time to time, what do you think could improve the way the call is organised?