After Upgrade 2.1 Missing monitoring data for plugins

CMK version: Checkmk Managed Services Edition 2.1.0p2
OS version: Ubuntu 20.04. Agent: Windows Server 2012R2 / 2016 / 2019

After Upgrade to 2.1 we got a lot of missing monitoring data. Mostly wmi_webservice and dotnet_clrmemory. The check is constantly flapping.

Error message:
[agent] Success, Missing monitoring data for plugins: wmi_webservices WARN, execution time 3.8 sec
[agent] Success, Missing monitoring data for plugins: dotnet_clrmemory WARN, execution time 2.4 sec

Sombody with similiar observings? Or an idea, why this is happens?

Kind regards
Marcel

I have the same problem with Missing monitoring data for plugins: dotnet_clrmemory but only occasionally. The newest agent is installed.

Dou you have an answer to solve that flapping status? I have some hosts with

[agent] Success, Missing monitoring data for plugins: dotnet_clrmemoryWARN , execution time 9.2 sec

No, unfortunately no progress. I think, i will disable the check.

From time to time I have the same issue with:

Missing monitoring data for plugins: dotnet_clrmemory

Having the same issue here with 2.1.0p5 agent
Is there a way to simply ignore the missing data without disabling the service?

Had the same problem with wmi_cpuload - solved it in another thread here by updating the site and agents to the latest version. Currently running 2.1.0p9 and the problem is resolved for me.

Im not entirely sure, but I dont think you can ignore the missing data without disabling the service since its the Check_MK-Service.

Hi guys,
I had a very similar case today (but in a german case)
The solution was to clear everything in “~/local/share/check_mk/checks/”. No worry data will be recreated automatically. Then run cmk -R and check that there is no error.
Here and here you can find similar cases (english).
Maybe this is also helpful for you.

1 Like

We have installed the latest versions. Nothing changed. But thank you for the hint.

On our instance the folders are empty. But thank you for the hint.

If I understood correctly, this folder shouldn’t be empty, but I’m not sure…

Can you look at the output of cmk -D ClientWithThatMissingDataWarning? Just execute this command on cmk server. Is there any message like:

Failed to auto-migrate legacy plugin to section: <nameOfPlugin>
Please refer to Werk 10601 for more information.

That is not correct. The files will not be regenerated. Files in that folder are custom checks, which you implemented and will be gone, if deleted. In the linked thread they overrode built-in checks, which is why deleting them solved the issue.

The problem here is WMI. This Windows component is known for poor performance and random timeouts. You could tweak a timeout setting for the agent, but even then, the issue will occur from time to time. It is called “Windows WMI Timeout” for the bakery. Not sure how it looks like in the .yml file exactly.

Ultimately this is an issue on the Windows side, and we will only be able to work around it to a certain degree.

Oh yes, I’m sorry for that mistake. Thanks for correcting me. Indeed I see that was a different directory that I cleaned “~/var/check_mk/precompiled_checks/builtin/”.
This directory should be regenerated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.