APC PDU monitoring using checkmk raw edition

Hi all

I’m new to use checkmk raw and looking for integration of PDU’s (Make APC and multiple models like ap8930, AP7901B, etc.

When I tried to discover PDU’s using SNMP, they are not getting discovered properly, I think due to mismatch with OID’s but I’m looking for some support on how we can add PDU’s to monitoring screen using SNMP.

Appreciate your support and help.

Thanks and regards
Lokesh

HI,

there’s a number of Plugins for APC (Check Plug-Ins Catalog)
and APC Power Consumption rule - did you use those?

Hi @elias.voelker Thanks for the information, may I know how to download and use the plugins, I’m getting redirected with the information only when I click on any plugin as shown below, not getting an option to make download of the plugin and how to use etc.

Hi Lokesh,

the Plugins are shipped with Checkmk, there’s no need to download them separately.

So you add the hosts like you would any other SNMP host (Monitoring via SNMP - Monitoring of SNMP devices with Checkmk), and then define the rules you need: Host and service parameters - Understanding and using rules in Checkmk (there are a few APC related rules)

Best
Elias

@LokeshVemula to see why your PDU is not correctly discovered the following
two OID’s are needed.

• 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1 - sysDescr
  • 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 - sysObjectID

Please do an snmpwalk/snmpget for these and post the result.

1 Like

Hi @andreas-doehler Thanks for your reply, may I know where I can input these OID’s while discoering my PDU’s ?

Thanks again for your support !!!

Best regards
Lokesh

These OIDs are automatically fetched by CMK at the discovery process.
To know why it not shows anything on your device, i need to know the content of these OID’s.
You can use a normal snmpwalk to get it.

snmpwalk -v2c -c community device-ip | head 5
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.