Change from free to raw version?

Hi

I havent been aware that using the free/enterprise version after the trail ended, there was an limitation in a number of hosts.
e.g, im currently met by “An error occurred: Error creating configuration: Sorry, but your unlimited 30-day trial of Checkmk has ended. The Checkmk Free Edition can only handle 25 hosts after the 30-day trial period, not 26. Please adjust your configuration accordingly and try again.”
Basically also thats up in this post: Please be clear on Free Edition terms

Is it possible to change version from the free/enterprise version, to the raw version without losing all of the data present (e.g. host configuration, etc…)

It is possible to switch from free/enterprise to raw version but you will lose your history data.
The configuration stays and must not be created new.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Are there any information, what the procedure is for doing so ?
I dont care about the historical data at this time.

thanks.

hello everyone.

same problem here.

startet on a physical server, debian, with the free license. Unfortunately haven´t checked properly the version comparison so we ended up with the limited amount of services/hosts on free edition.

checkmk version is 2.2.0p9 and we want to swap to raw edition to implement further our checks from our current nagios installation.

if all works well with checkmk we will upgrade from raw to enterprise next year.

thanks.

regards
wilhelm

If you are below 750 services, you can update from 2.1 Free to 2.2 Cloud. At 2.2 there is no free edition of the commercial editions anymore, it’s place is taken by the free tier of the CCE.

For 2.1 Free to 2.2 Cloud see here:

For any Commercial to Raw see here:

1 Like

thanks for your fast response.

We already have the Checkmk Cloud Edition 2.2.0p9 with License state:Free in use but the number of the 750 services are not enough.

So i thought changing from Free to Raw license mode would solve the limitation, at least until next year.

Idea was to slowly migrate from our current nagios to checkmk. We have there many business specific and self-written checks also checkmk delivers many more default checks so we just have the problem of the limit amount of 750 services, unfortunately.

Regards
Wilhelm