[Check_mk (english)] Activate Changes and pending.log

Hi All

Bumping the below back up the list as I didn’t get a response the first time…….anyone any ideas about this?

Thanks

Mark

image001.gif

···

Mark (London)©
Sent: 07 July 2016 08:58
To: checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Subject: Activate Changes and pending.log

Hi List,

Running CEE 1.2.6p16 and notice that when I use cmk –O changes that have been made in WATO and are in the pending log are not cleared. If I use Activate Changes in GUI, then the pending log is cleared.

I was under the impression that an Activate Changes is in effect doing the same as a cmk –O, but obviously not as the pending changes do not get cleared.

Is this a bug, or is there some other way of doing an Activate Changes from the command line which does clear the pending changes log?

Thanks

Mark

Mark Dollemore

Global Operations

mark.dollemore@man.com

Tel +44 20 7144 3749

Mob 07762893260

Man Group UK Limited |

Registered address: Riverbank House, 2 Swan Lane, London EC4R 3AD, United Kingdom

Registered in England and Wales no. 5856654

Visit us at:
www.man.com

Hi Mark,

you can either use webapi (http://mathias-kettner.com/checkmk_wato_webapi.html, paragraph 2.7) or something like “cmk -O (or ‘-R’); rm ~/var/check_mk/wato/log/pending.log”.

Best way is webapi because this way a wato snapshot is created automatically.

HTH,

Marcel

image001.gif

image001.gif

···

Dollemore, Mark (London)(c) Mark.Dollemore@man.com schrieb am Do., 21. Juli 2016 um 14:36 Uhr:

Hi All

Bumping the below back up the list as I didn’t get a response the first time…….anyone any ideas about this?

Thanks

Mark

Mark (London)(c)
Sent: 07 July 2016 08:58
To: checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Subject: Activate Changes and pending.log

Hi List,

Running CEE 1.2.6p16 and notice that when I use cmk –O changes that have been made in WATO and are in the pending log are not cleared. If I use Activate Changes in GUI, then the pending log is cleared.

I was under the impression that an Activate Changes is in effect doing the same as a cmk –O, but obviously not as the pending changes do not get cleared.

Is this a bug, or is there some other way of doing an Activate Changes from the command line which does clear the pending changes log?

Thanks

Mark

Mark Dollemore

Global Operations

mark.dollemore@man.com

Tel +44 20 7144 3749

Mob 07762893260

logo

Man Group UK Limited |

Registered address: Riverbank House, 2 Swan Lane, London EC4R 3AD, United Kingdom

Registered in England and Wales no. 5856654

Visit us at:
www.man.com

This email has been sent by a member of the Man group (“Man”). Man’s parent company, Man Group plc, is registered in England and Wales (company number 08172396) at Riverbank House, 2 Swan Lane, London, EC4R 3AD.
The contents of this email are for the named addressee(s) only. It contains information which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy this email and any attachments and do not otherwise disclose or use them. Email transmission is not a secure method of communication and Man cannot accept responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this email or any attachments. Whilst Man makes every effort to keep its network free from viruses, it does not accept responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this email or any attachments. This email does not constitute a request, offer, recommendation or solicitation of any kind to buy, subscribe, sell or redeem any investment instruments or to perform other such transactions of any kind. Man reserves the right to monitor, record and retain all electronic and telephone communications through its network in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. --UwQe9f5k7pI3vplngP

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

http://lists.mathias-kettner.de/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en