[Check_mk (english)] Problems with citrix plugins Check MK 1.4.0p15

Hello Andreas

When I run the citrix_farm.ps1 as citrix administrator. The agent output is empty in this section.

Do I have to run the check_mk agent service as citrix admin user? Or do you have a better solution?

The problem is in this case, when the agent update plugin update the agent all changes I did are gone…

Have a nice weekend.

Many thanks,

Simon

···

On Oct 18, 2017 10:00, “Andreas Döhler” andreas.doehler@gmail.com wrote:

The exception says “too many values to unpack” → output from script is not like expected by the plugin.

Ok wrong information from my side, citrix_xenapp.ps1 is only für xenapp 6 and citrix_farm.ps1 is for xenapp 7.

I think the same is for the license plugin this will only work correctly with xenapp 6 as the citrix_farm.ps1 produce also a license status output for xenapp 7.

But remember the citrix_farm.ps1 needs a Citrix admin account to run.

br

Andreas

Marcus.Breitenbach@quoniam.com Marcus.Breitenbach@quoniam.com schrieb am Mi., 18. Okt. 2017 um 09:31 Uhr:

hello Andreas,

the first problem ist:

citrix_xenapp.ps1 has commands which are not present on the Xen Server (Controller)

Get-XAServerload : The term ‘Get-XAServerload’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, f

(asnp Citrix* was load before and other commands for citrix are working)

the second is the citrix_licenses.vbs

This is running fine via cscript ( I got the licenses in the command box) , but via check-mk I got this error.

Discovery failed: Exception in check plugin ‘citrix_licenses’: too many values to unpack

thank you

Marcus

Von: Andreas Döhler [mailto:andreas.doehler@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2017 08:38
An: Breitenbach, Marcus; checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Betreff: Re: [Check_mk (english)] Problems with citrix plugins Check MK 1.4.0p15

Hi Marcus,

I think the Citrix Xenapp plugin cannot be deployed with the agent bakery as the agent must run as a user with admin rights on the Citrix farm. And this plugin can only be deployed to the farm controllers.

I tried to change the user the agent is running under and then do a agent update and the result was that the agent service was recreated with the system user.

For the license plugin you should compare the output from the script with the expected output from the check. Or post the output of the script.

br

Andreas

Marcus.Breitenbach@quoniam.com Marcus.Breitenbach@quoniam.com schrieb am Di., 17. Okt. 2017 um 14:30 Uhr:

hello together,

i tried to monitor our citrix environment. Agent was baked with

Citrix
Licenses (Windows)
:

Deploy plugin for Citrix licenses

Citrix
XenApp (Windows)
:

Deploy plugin for Citrix XenApp

Installed this agent and tried to get information. This does not work.

I tried to run these plugins local – licenses vbs is working, but throw an error in
the Check MK GUI, powershell does not work:

at first for Citrix licenses in Check_MK : Discovery failed: Exception in check plugin
‘citrix_licenses’: too many values to unpack

and for Citrix XenApp local Powershell Script : Get-XAServerLoad : The term ‘Get-XAServerLoad’
is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file

We are running XenApp / Desktop 7.14

thanks and regards

Marcus

Quoniam Asset Management GmbH ∙ Westhafen Tower ∙ Westhafenplatz 1 ∙ 60327 Frankfurt am Main

Registergericht/Companies House: Amtsgericht/District Court Frankfurt am Main HRB 17579

Geschäftsführer/Managing Partner: Helmut Paulus (Vorsitzender / CEO) ∙ Thomas Kieselstein, CFA ∙ Ingo Purwien ∙ Silke Weiser-Walther ∙

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats / Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Alexander Schindler

Diese Nachricht kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfänger sein, so bitten wir Sie, den Absender unverzüglich zu informieren und die E-Mail zu löschen. Jeder unbefugte Zugriff oder unbefugte Weiterleitung, die Fertigung
einer Kopie, die Veröffentlichung oder sonstige in diesem Zusammenhang stehende Handlung ist untersagt. Da wir nicht die Echtheit oder Vollständigkeit der in dieser Nachricht enthaltenen Informationen garantieren können, schließen wir die rechtliche Verbindlichkeit
der vorstehenden Erklärungen und Äußerungen aus.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please promptly inform the sender and delete this email. Any other unauthorised access or unauthorised forwarding, copy creation, publication or any other action regarding
this message is prohibited. As we cannot guarantee the genuineness or completeness of the information contained in this message, the statements set forth above are not legally binding.

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

http://lists.mathias-kettner.de/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en

Quoniam Asset Management GmbH ∙ Westhafen Tower ∙ Westhafenplatz 1 ∙ 60327 Frankfurt am Main

Registergericht/Companies House: Amtsgericht/District Court Frankfurt am Main HRB 17579

Geschäftsführer/Managing Partner: Helmut Paulus (Vorsitzender / CEO) ∙ Thomas Kieselstein, CFA ∙ Ingo Purwien ∙ Silke Weiser-Walther ∙

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats / Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Alexander Schindler

Diese Nachricht kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfänger sein, so bitten wir Sie, den Absender unverzüglich zu informieren und die E-Mail zu löschen. Jeder unbefugte Zugriff oder unbefugte Weiterleitung, die Fertigung
einer Kopie, die Veröffentlichung oder sonstige in diesem Zusammenhang stehende Handlung ist untersagt. Da wir nicht die Echtheit oder Vollständigkeit der in dieser Nachricht enthaltenen Informationen garantieren können, schließen wir die rechtliche Verbindlichkeit
der vorstehenden Erklärungen und Äußerungen aus.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please promptly inform the sender and delete this email. Any other unauthorised access or unauthorised forwarding, copy creation, publication or any other action regarding
this message is prohibited. As we cannot guarantee the genuineness or completeness of the information contained in this message, the statements set forth above are not legally binding.

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

http://lists.mathias-kettner.de/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en