During the previous Checkmk conference, we ran various polls to ask the participants their opinion on certain topics regarding the future of Checkmk. Here are the top 3 answers for each question, and we will discuss them in more detail in the community call today at 6:30pm.
What do you think of the results? Do you agree that these are the things that tribe29 should prioritize?
Major Improvements in CMK 1.6
- Windows Monitoring 2.0
- Dynamic Config
- Dark Theme
Which of the following would you like to see in a future Checkmk version?
- Dependency detection
- Anomaly detection & automatic correlation of metrics
- End-to-end monitoring
Which of the existing features should be developed further?
- Agent Bakery
What should be improved in the existing features?
- Drag & Drop for BI
- Service Dependency (when Apache down then HTTP check stale)
- Exporting: Make threshold visible/exportable
What should we focus on for the User Interface of Checkmk?
- Overall usability (configuration, operation)
- Dashboard Usability (Drag & Drop)
- New dashlets
Which tools should Checkmk integrate natively?
- OTRS (Service Desk)
- Selenium (E2E)
Which security features should be added to Checkmk?
- Single-Signon (Active Directory)
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Comprehensive audit logs (every action)
Which elements of Checkmk should be improved performance-wise?
- Activate Changes
- Services Discovery
For which applications should the monitoring be built or extended?
- Java (JVM)
For which cloud services or container tools should the monitoring be built or extended?
- Azure Load Balancer
For which operating system or virtualization platform should the monitoring be built or extended?
How should we extend the network monitoring of Checkmk?
- Network Topology Discovery
- Extended visualization of network topologies
- Ubiquity Unifi
For which servers, storages and other hardware should the monitoring be buld or extended?
- NetApp (FAS, AF, e-Series)
- Sophos Firewalls
On which topic should we focus most in the future of Checkmk?
- User Interface (Dashboards, Graphing, Usability)
- New things (Dependency detection, data analytics, Checkmk in der Cloud)
What Prometheus exporters shall we integrate next?