Checkmk snmp errors

Hi,

I want to monitor the status of a few important printers for our company.
I get this error on every machine:

Anyone can give me a hint what is here the problem?
Is it possible to configure checkmk so that if these two checks are on an error, the icon in NagVis is green?

Thank you in advance.

This icon is on a warining instead of OK (green)

Hi @Matthew1,

please check you configuration of the host inside wato. You need to disable to check the agent too, beside of snmp.

to be a bit more informative:
At the service Check_MK inside the brackets [] you can see the data source programs used to monitor the host. You are monitoring your host via agent and SNMP, but your host only supports SNMP. You can tell checkmk not to try to ask the agent (where the connection refused come from)

2 Likes

Hi, looks like either Firewall is blocking the connection or the SNMP agent is not started on your printer.

I recommend to test communication with

snmpwalk -v 2c -c <community> <ip address>

From your monitoring server

BR

Michael

1 Like

Tosch is right, its from agent.

1 Like

Thank you @tosch! do you think I have to enable this option in the settings, is that right?

Not familiar with 2.0 but looks good so far, just try it :slight_smile:

and don’t forget to activate changes. :wink:

1 Like

Yep, this is correct.

This is how I’m monitoring my printers:

2 Likes

Now it is OK, but what other cause can be that the check below gives this error?

And by the way: These are the two rules I’m using to don’t get any warnings when I power off my printers:

Setup → Hosts → Host monitoring rules → Host Check Command: [ref: [Check_mk (deutsch)] Ausgeschalteter Drucker]

Setup → Agents → Agent access rules → Status of the Checkmk services [ref: Check_MK Service "critical" trotz Hostregel "Always assume host to be up" - #4 by andreas-doehler]:

1 Like

Thank you for your help! :wink:

Just run the check again. Default value is every 4 hours I guess. If you run the check again it will turn green.

Side information: the inventory service will scan your hosts for unmonitored or vanished services but do this only several hours because your data source program output is run though all checks, which produce some load.

1 Like

Ok thanks didn’t know that, now it works perfect!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.