Community Call: Checkmk Synthetic Monitoring

Hello Community! :wave:

As we are nearing the final release of version 2.3, we’ve decided to host a call to discuss one of the most significant new features of Checkmk 2.3: Synthetic Monitoring. The conversation will be led by the original developer of Robotmk and current product manager of Synthetic Monitoring, Simon Meggle.

Here’s the plan:

Presentation: In this segment, we’ll cover:

• A short introduction to Synthetic Monitoring
  • Insights into the Robot Framework
  • An overview of Robotmk
  • Synthetic Monitoring as a product within Checkmk

Demo

We’ll provide a demonstration to showcase the functionality of Synthetic Monitoring.

Q&A Session

When: 2024-04-30T13:00:00Z
Where: Join us on Zoom

Please note that the call will not be recorded to encourage open discussion. However, we’ll share the slides and a video of the demo afterwards for those unable to attend.

Looking forward to your participation!
:vulcan_salute:

11 Likes

Hello Checkmk community! :wave:

I have to say that this Checkmk release with built-in Robotmk is something very special for me and I am really looking forward to this call with you.
Please let me know in advance what you are particularly interested in and I will be happy to discuss/show it.

Best regards, CU soon! :wink: :video_camera:
Simon

7 Likes

Hallo Simon,
first congratulations for this success.
My question:
Will prices be published?
Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Will prices be published?

yes, also the prices will be communicated!
Best regards,
Simon

Hello Simon

Congratulations !!
Thanks so much for this step!

For me it is not possible to join the session.
Will the session recorded by Checkmk?

My questions are the parallel execution on a Linux host, is that possible now and how many checks in parallel are possible?
And is it possible to check URL’s with an Oauth/Kerberos authentication?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
JP

Hello JP,

thanks a lot!
There will be no recording afaik, but after the call we will share links to videos of the live demo with you.
I have seen users in the community doing tests with Oauth - I did not have them in previous projects.

For MFA authentication, there is a special library which works pretty good, you can find an example here:

The scheduler (including parallel execution) was currently developed for Windows, as the vast majority of customers test on this OS. An implementation for Linux will come later. The number of parallel executions depends on the machine’s resources and the kind of test you are running (how many subprocesses are spawn is part of the test implementation, there is no common answer).

Best regards!
Simon

Dear Community Members!

I want to thank everyone who joined us today for your time and interest, and also share with everyone who was not able to join the materials from today’s call:

Here you can find the slides (2.6 MB) and here is the prerecorded video of the demo.

Let us know, if you still have any questions!

3 Likes