Duplicate Notification Since Update

version 2.2.0
RHEL8.8

No errors. But notification emails are doubled and checking “notification configuration” also shows duplicates. If I resend a notification, it only goes once and one email sent.

Getting same issue here
I got the RAW edition, using Ubuntu 22.04 (JAMMY)

Was fine in 2.1.0p26
Was broken in 2.2.0p1 (Installed on 2023-06-06)
Broken again in 2.2.0p3 (Installed on 2023-06-20)
And today tried upgrading to 2.2.0p4 still broken (2023-06-26)

Exact same symptoms. Notifications are duplicated.
Each email sent twice, to same recipient.
It’s not an issue with having 2 different contacts assigned, or a bad rule configured somewhere. Config was not changed between those version upgrades

Duplicated emails issue happens for both HOST and SERVICE notifications.

That’s the only thread where I see the same issue being reported. I’m curious why this potential bug has not more visibility yet.

Hopefully someone can provide a patch or a workaround, or at least sees this thread for future patch.

Found on another thread that deleting and recreating the users seems to solve the duplicate email issues.

Reference:

Tried it on one user in my environment ; seems to work so far, which confirms the fix.

Hey Jeremie, Thank you for the reply. I tried this and had no affect :frowning: But at least if it’s a genuine bug I can breathe a little easier.

Make sure you apply the changes after recreating the users
Activate Pending Changes - Activate on selected site

On my 2nd instance I had forgotten to do that, and duplicates were still present…
That fixed it for that 2nd instance.

Same happened to me after upgrading from 2.1.0p31.cre to 2.2.0p18.cre.
I did not find how to solve, I have so many users, many contact groups and also many notifications rules per users.
Did you find a solution for that?