Enhanced Rule Information (Creation Date, Creator, Modified Date, ...)

Hello,
I would find it useful to be able to see who created a rule and who changed it and when.
As far as I know, you can’t see that easily anywhere at the moment.

regards
Christian

Would be really lovely. Please combined with a permission to disable the view this information for normal users :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should get most of this out of the Audit Log (in 2.0) at least.

Examples:

Is that what you would be looking for?

How far back does the audit log go?
I would find it more user-friendly if I could retrieve this info directly from a rule, perhaps via the menu at the top?

Hi @elias.voelker,

kinda. The audit log in 2.0 already has such information but it would be much easier to have this information more present at the rules directly.

1 Like

Fair point, that seems like it could be useful sometimes…

1 Like

I just looked at the rules again. So maybe you could put another icon with this information in the action menu left of a rule. Or when I click edit rule the info could be show up there somewhere.

1 Like

hi @CFriedrich

I am sure there’s something defined somewhere about how far back it goes. I don’t know.

The one from our webinar site I just exported had entries going back almost one year. Don’t know if that’s the limit or if that’s when the site was set up, though…

1 Like

As I wrote in the other thread you can enable git for the checkmk configuration. The repo then will contain all the info you want.

3 Likes

This is what we do and it works fine. Got a hook that pushes to Bitbucket too.

Migrated to feature portal: