Executable file not found with mk_docker.py

Hey developers and monitorers.

Since some versions of check-mk raw, I got a lot of error-messages from mk_docker.py. When executing the single check by hand, I got exceptions in the check-output as well as in syslog, directly from docker.

<<<<77e3e816f3bd>>>>
OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:370: starting container process caused: exec: "check_mk_agent": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown

I don’t know in which section the error occur, because for the very same container, the mk_docker-output-sections <<<docker_container_status:sep(0)>>>, <<<docker_container_labels:sep(0)>>> <<<docker_container_network:sep(0)>>>, <<<docker_container_mem:sep(0)>>> return successful informations.

We use the mk_docker.py plugin from check-mk version 1.6.0p21.
The OS is Debian 10 with Python 2.7.16 and the python-docker-package (pypi: docker) 4.2.2. python-docker-package for python3 is not installed.

I read related discussions Docker errors since update on check_mk 1.6 and Keine Docker Piggyback Daten but that didn’t resolve the issue.

I can give you more infos when needed.
Thank you in advance,

the Kiebitz.

1 Like

Hi,

looks like that your container options in config are wrong. You try to rung the check_mk_agent within docker, but the agent doesn’ t exist there.
You can switch off this option “Checkmk agent: Execute the Checkmk agent within running containers” is located in “Gather container information (piggyback)”.

Cheers,
Christian

2 Likes

Thats it! Thank you!

Used configuration from source code repo, put that to /etc/check_mk/docker.cfg and skip section via docker_container_agent done it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.