Grafana - List of Service Problems

Hello, I would like to use Grafana to build a dashboard with a list of the current “Service Problems” or “Host Problems”.
Just like it is on the standard dashboard in CheckMK.

I already installed the Check_mk plugin for Grafana. I can already query charts. I can’t find the tables?

Hi @schmidtkropp

welcome to the Checkmk community!

The Grafana integration only lets you export performance data (=metrics) from Checkmk into Grafana.

So without tinkering with the code yourself (or some workarounds I am not aware of), this will not be possible out of the box.

Best
Elias

As an idea: You can add the view of problems as iFrame in Graphana.

I use the Grafana CSV plugin (CSV plugin for Grafana | Grafana Labs) and CMK views in CSV format for this purpose.
You can find a howto here https://forum.checkmk.com/t/using-cmk-status-data-in-grafana/30708

2 Likes

Just to understand your motivation here: Why would you need tables in Grafana, that are displayed properly in Checkmk?
In my understanding one uses Grafana to display nice and fancy graphs - even nicer than our own - or to store metric data in InfluxDB, visualized by Grafana to have longer and more fine-grained time series data.
I am quite fond of the way tabular data is displayed in Checkmk and I find it rather cumbersome to create something similar in Grafana.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.