Host Labels based on predefined condition (certain service on host)

Hello,

I want to set host labels by the corresponding rule, based on a predefined condition (as only this seems to allow to set a certain service-check as condition for the desired label.

If the Service ADSync is being found as running, then the predefined condition should match and trigger the host-label-rule.

But: The desired service ADSync is being ignored - all host get the host label instead of only those, which have the ADSync service running.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks for hints
Nora

Can you please share pictures of your configuration and host to which the rule should be applied?
What exactly did you set in the Predifined condition?

You can only apply a rule to a service if it exists as a service on the host.
It doesn’t matter if you do it via a Predefined Condition or Explicit condition. The Predefined conditions are useful if you want to use certain configurations over and over again.

Is this about Active Directory Replication Service or Azure Connect Sync?
To get the Azure Connect Sync service as a single service you have to create a Windows service discovery rule for it first.
The Active Directory Replication Service should appear when the plugin [ Active Directory Replication (Windows) ] for it has been deployed on the server.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.

Thanks for reopening !!!

I have the same question, but I have the impression it’s not possible …

I was also wondering if a predef cond can be used in a filter