How configure graph "Add all your Checkmk servers as monitored hosts to Checkmk to render this graph. Specifically, we are missing the 'Site [SITE] "

How add data to dashboard graph.

Add all your Checkmk servers as monitored hosts to Checkmk to render this graph. Specifically, we are missing the ‘Site [SITE] statistics’ services of the following sites: XXX. Either the corresponding Checkmk servers are not monitored at all, or you filtered them out by applying site filters.

1 Like

Hi @jay,

you nees to install the Checkmk Agent on your Checkmk Server to get the site statistics graphs.

Fyi: cmk_site_statistics: new check plugin to monitor site statistics

Br
Anastasios

2 Likes

great but I have version virtual appliance. I can’t install linux agent.

Hi @jay,

you can :grin:
You need to activate ssh like described here in point 6

Br
Anastasios

1 Like

Hi I have enabled SSH to my site. I have tried login the same credentials like to my site web interface. . But when I had tried I have message access denied

Hi,

did you try ssh SITENAME@FQDN?

BR
Anastasios

Yes , still I have access denied.
I have demo virtual appliance. mabye this is the issue.

yes, this is the problem!

Ok but I have found information that demo is full functional system only limit to 25 hosts.

Hi jay,

the Checkmk demo software itself is fully functional / only limited to 25 hosts.

The appliance demo firmware is not. The root access is disabled.

1 Like

i got the same problem, did you fix it Jay and how ?

i got the full licence not the demo.

I didn’t resolve the issue. I 'm going to migrate to linux version.

Hi @Fr4nk & @jay,

in the 1.4.14 version of the appliance you can switch to the 2.0 agent in the webconf.
As always you are also free to update the agent within the appliance yourself.

HTH,
Alex

HI after upgrade to latest vesion chekmk, I can’t install agent.

Hi, I’d also like to know how to configure cmk_site_statistics on the latest EE.

There seems to be no manual and google shows ony the Werk Page … is there any official support or documentation about this?

1 Like

Yeah, the docs are lacking right now.

In short, you need to install the 2.0Px agent via SSH on your ckeck_mk monitoring host.
Then do a full discovery, then add the site_statistics service.

After this, you’ll get the new nice dashboard.

Ok Thanks for answer, But I can;t open ssh access to virtual appliance. I mention I have free demo version for 25 hosts. Do you known that this version has locked ssh ??

Ah ok, sorry, now I realise you got the demo.
From my part, don’t know how to solve this.

However, I believe it would be in tribe29’s interest to enable people to upgrade their agents on monitoring hosts via any method on a demo version. With docs specifying the steps.

Best wishes to the technical writers, they for sure have a lot to write for this 2.0 release.

Hi,

I think this Werk Update agent to 2.0 agent (with option to re-enable 1.6 agent) will solve your problem.

BR
Anastasios

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.