Ignore host/services UP/DOWN status

Hey there,

I would like to monitor some workstations to get the SMART status and some other things. Is it possible to disable the UP/DOWN checks for the host and all services?

Because of couse the system will be unavailable (notebook are mobile. :smiley:) or offline (powered off at night).

Regards
Christian

Hi @perryflynn,

there are some rules to manipulate the state of hosts and services to assume them always up. One of them are called host/service state translation. Just check them if they fit your needs.

1 Like

Hi, could it be that this rule is only available in the Enterprise Edition? I run 2.0 raw as it is just a private hobby/playground installation.

Shouldn’t be. I merged the two rule names to one. Just search for host state translation and service state translation.

Nope. Searching for “translation” in the rules only shows two other rules.

The explicit name returns a empty list.

The Werk 5532 is not in the changelog list either.

Hi @perryflynn,

You can use the rule “Host check command” with the setting “Always assume host to be up” for hosts that are frequently not reachable. Then, as the setting states, checkmk will always assume the host to be up, whether or not the host is actually reachable via the network and you won’t get any UP/DOWN events.

Cheers,
Lorenz

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.