Improving on custom notification script

CMK version: 2.0.0:p16
OS version: CentOS 7

I have successfully converted our custom notification script to python3 :partying_face:. It uses the same parameters described in documentation Notifications - via Email, SMS, Ticketsystems and more. I was hope to improve my script, but not sure how.

For example, in the print screen you see “Destination IP” and “SNMP community”, where you can enter a parameter value. I want to add an field to my customer script, so that it’s more clear which value should be entered where. Is there anybody that done this before?

Example of notification option for Spectrum Server

Example of notification option for custom notification script

Ps I come so far, that I understand that the parameters are passed in this script. /opt/omd/versions/2.0.0p16.cee/lib/python3/cmk/gui/plugins/wato/notifications.py. That it passes to the script that eventually executes.

ps ps found similar post on this topic
Somebody that used Checkmk 1.2.6 [Check_mk (english)] Custom notification script - WATO plugin. Other problem Issue with python-requests. This topic come close [Check_mk (english)] 1.5.0p5: Custom notification: missing parameters

Have a look at this example:

You need a WATO plugin for the HTML form.

o cool! Yes this helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.