Meraki Cloud Monitoring

Basically I have 2 objects and 2 rules for Meraki.

• one dummy host to atach the agent to, in my case MerakiCloud
  • one folder to dynamically create the devices found by the agent (pigyback) in my case /Meraki
  • one rule for the agent (Cisco Meraki), I have only set the API key, leave everything else in the default, attach this rule to your dummy host

• one rule to deal with the pigiback data (look for Dynamic host management), this will add all new found hosts to my Meraki folder

after a while you should find your Meraki devices in the /Meraki folder. And the sould have at least the Cisco Meraki Devices Status service

If you have your Devices allready created I think you can skip the Dynamic Host Management part. And just rediscover the services of your Meraki devices.

Thats it :slight_smile:

To check if the agent finds your devices you can run the agent on the cli

first check if the agent is correctly attached to your dummy host

OMD[cmk22]:~$ cmk -D MerakiCloud | grep Program
  Program: /omd/sites/cmk22/share/check_mk/agents/special/agent_cisco_meraki MerakiCloud <api-key-removed>
OMD[cmk22]:~$

then run the agent manually, depending on your environment you sould get at least one cisco_meraki_org_licenses_overview section and for each device one host section as pigiback (4x< ) and in each host section one cisco_meraki_org_device_info section

OMD[cmk22]:~$ /omd/sites/cmk22/share/check_mk/agents/special/agent_cisco_meraki MerakiCloud <api-key-removed>
<<<cisco_meraki_org_licenses_overview:sep(0)>>>
<snip>
<<<<your-hostname-1>>>>
<<<cisco_meraki_org_device_info:sep(0)>>>
[{"address": "", "configurationUpdatedAt": "2023-05-02T15:32:34Z", "firmware": "switch-15-21-1", "lanIp": "xx.x.xx.x", "lat": xxxx, "lng": -1xxx, "mac": "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx", "model": "MS120-8", "name": "hostname", "networkId": "L_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", "notes": "", "organisation_id": "xxxxxx", "organisation_name": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", "productType": "switch_meraki", "serial": "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx", "tags": ["Switch"], "url": "https://n437.meraki.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/manage/nodes/new_list/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"}]
<<<<>>>>

cmk -d MerakiCloud should also give you this output with all the rest of the cmk agent data.

1 Like