Mk_logwatch.exe for 2.0.0p1

Hi,

Where I could find the mk_logwatch.exe plugin for the latest checkmk 2.0.0p1? I didnt find it in the main console under plugins.

When I try the 1.6 mk_logwath.exe plugins, I got this error:
MKGeneralException (Invalid regular expression ‘mdadm\[’: unterminated character set at position 7)

Regards,

In the CMK 2 there you will have a python environment on the agent for such plugins like mk_logwatch and the agent updater.
Do you use the CEE or Raw edition?

Hi,

We got the 2.0.0p1 raw edition. We found that you need to add the python-3.8.zip to the install directory. After that, we can use the new mk_logwatch.py client. We search a couple of hours, this information cannot be found in the documentation.

However, we had some trouble we the logfile pattern with Windows.

We are trying to add a “exclude all” rule without success (last rules, to exclude everything):

Regards,

Hi @DominiqueArpin,

I also have trouble with logwatch, but other kind of trouble. I´d like to know where exactly did you have to put the python-3.8.zip. Did you install check_MK natively or via docker?

Thank you

You need to install the python-3.8.zip to the install directory on the client (Windows). You can use this command to find it: check_mk_agent.exe exec -show.

Also, I got some strange errors. And I found that if you have a old client, you have some errors with somes rules. So, I start to upgrade all my client to the same version of the server.

Hi,

I’m getting somethong similar:
“MKGeneralException (Invalid regular expression ‘\(redirected’: missing ), unterminated subpattern at position 2)”

• I have a python-3.8.zip with 0 KB in Program Files (x86)\checkmk\service\install
  • running: check_mk_agent.exe exec -show
    Module ‘python-3.8’ has no zip in backup dir ‘C:\ProgramData\checkmk\agent\install\modules’

I’ve tried to put the 0 KB .zip there and also the ‘regular’ download from my CheckMK.
Both had no effect.

Hi,

You need to copy the python-3.8.zip from the Agent Section from the console to the client in C:\ProgramData\checkmk\agent\install\modules

I don’t think that the problem is at the local agent.
When I test the agent locally with “check_mk_agent.exe test”
this shows up:
[[[Application]]]
C Mar 30 13:43:59 0.1002 Application_Hang The program notepad.exe version 21.2.3.11916 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.

Running cmk -d [Servername] on server console shows this:
<<>>
[[[Application]]]
C Mar 30 13:43:59 0.1002 Application_Hang The program notepad.exe version 21.2.3 .11916 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.

OMD[MYSITE]:~$ <<>>
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `>’
OMD[MYSITE]:~$ [[[Application]]]
bash: [[[Application]]]: command not found

But on the server I get a crashed check:
MKGeneralException (Invalid regular expression ‘\(redirected’: missing ), unterminated subpattern at position 2)

File “/omd/sites/VS/lib/python3/cmk/base/checking.py”, line 577, in get_aggregated_result
result = _aggregate_results(check_function(**kwargs))
File “/omd/sites/VS/lib/python3/cmk/base/checking.py”, line 808, in _aggregate_results
perfdata, results = _consume_and_dispatch_result_types(subresults)
File “/omd/sites/VS/lib/python3/cmk/base/checking.py”, line 852, in _consume_and_dispatch_result_types
for subr in subresults:
File “/omd/sites/VS/lib/python3/cmk/base/api/agent_based/register/check_plugins.py”, line 89, in filtered_generator
for element in generator(*args, **kwargs):
File “/omd/sites/VS/lib/python3/cmk/base/plugins/agent_based/logwatch.py”, line 150, in check_logwatch_node
yield from check_logwatch(item, {None: section})
File “/omd/sites/VS/lib/python3/cmk/base/plugins/agent_based/logwatch.py”, line 173, in check_logwatch
yield from check_logwatch_generic(item, _compile_params(), loglines, found)
File “/omd/sites/VS/lib/python3/cmk/base/plugins/agent_based/logwatch.py”, line 483, in check_logwatch_generic
current_block.add_line(line, False)
File “/omd/sites/VS/lib/python3/cmk/base/plugins/agent_based/logwatch.py”, line 346, in add_line
level = logwatch.reclassify(self.counts, self.patterns, text, level)
File “/omd/sites/VS/lib/python3/cmk/base/plugins/agent_based/utils/logwatch.py”, line 101, in reclassify
reg = regex(escape_win_backslash(pattern), re.UNICODE)
File “/omd/sites/VS/lib/python3/cmk/utils/regex.py”, line 31, in regex
raise MKGeneralException(
(“Invalid regular expression ‘%s’: %s”) % (pattern, e))

Look here:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.