Network Topology customization

Hello,

is there a way how can I in “Network Topology” view change the content of mouseover popup?
Now there are “Hostname”, “Host state”, “Output of host check plugin”, “Hosts’s parents” and “Host children”. Can I add there host’s labels or some other custom information? I would like to see there for example exact model of the device.

Can I add to “Network Topology” view a custon icons with actual device symbol. For example like in visio drawing?

Thank you!

Ok. I got a bit further.

In “Edit Dashboards” I created a clone of “topology” dashboard called “topology_test”.
In “Edit Views” I created a clone of “topology_hover_host” view called “topology_hover_host_test”. And I add a new column “Hosts: Labels” to it.

Ho do I assign the new view “topology_hover_host_test” to the new dashboard so that I get the desired hover tooltip? Thanks.

I got again a bit further.

The dashlet in “Network Topology” Dashboard is simply a “Custom URL” dashlet with url leading to parent_child_topology.py. This file physicaly does not exist on hdd. I am not 100% sure how does it all work, but I was able to add desired code to this file on line 147:

~/lib/python/cmk/gui/plugins/views/node_visualization.py

}), ‘hoststatus’, None), (‘host_state’, None, None), (‘host_plugin_output’, None, None),
(“host_parents”, None, None), (“host_childs”, None, None), (“host_labels”, None, None)],

After Restarting omd I got the desired output in “Network Topology” views. Unfortunately the change is then common for all dashlets using the url parent_child_topology.py.

It would be useful if I could define custom view and then use this view as parameter in dashlet.

I will make a feature request.

1 Like