No graphs on "Service graphs of host" and "Status of host" pages (although performance graphs are available on the service page)

CMK version: 2.2.0p12
OS version: Debian 11

**Error message: “No historic metrics recorded but performance data is available. Maybe performance data processing is disabled.” **

I get this error on the page “Status of host page” (in the row “Host graph”), on the page “Host graphs” and on the page “Service graphs of host”. The graphs are missing.

On the services’ pages of this host, the graphs are working.

This site is running CME. It was upgraded from CRE in version 2.0. I remember that it was a pain to migrate the historic data from CRE to CME and I’m not sure if I made some mistakes during that process.

But this host, where this error shows up, was created only four hours ago. So I guess at this place, the error should not be related to the migration from CRE to CME.

Any hints on where to start troubleshooting for this message are very much appreciated!

This setup is running CME and using CMC. The site was converted from CRE in 2.x and after that split into a central site and customer sites.

I just noticed that npcd is still running (on the central site) and that CONFIG_PNP4NAGIOS is ‘on’ on all sites (central site and customer sites.

Is this correct?

I thought that npcd was not used when running on CMC?

I noticed that this problem (missing graphs on the ‘service graphs of host’ page) only affects hosts that use unusual data sources.

It’s fine for all hosts that get their data with Agent Controller, as normal.

The hosts affected use some other datasource program. They push the data to the monitoring server and a custom datasource program picks it up there (via a rule “Individual program call instead of agent access”).

These hosts also have a rule “Host Check Command” that says “Use the status of the Checkmk Agent”.

And that rule “Host Check Command” seems to cause the problem with the missing graphs on the service graphs page:

• If I disable that rule, the graphs suddenly appear on the “service graphs of host” page.
  • If I change that rule to “Always assume host to be up”, all is fine as well.
  • If I set that rule to “Use the status of the Checkmk Angent” or “Use the status of the service…” (with a random service), the graphs disappear from the “service graphs” page of the host.

Here’s a follow-up with a more specific bug report:
Setting a “Host Check Command” breaks page “Service graphs of host”!? (“No historic metrics recorded but performance data is available.”)

@joerg.mohar was so kind and tried and reproduced this problem. I guess this is a bug in Checkmk.

1 Like

Hi @gregor.hoffleit,

it’s no bug, explaination in the other thread: perfdata available but belongs to the service, not the host.

BR,
Marsellus W.