No graphs on "Service graphs of host" and "Status of host" pages (although performance graphs are available on the service page)

I noticed that this problem (missing graphs on the ‘service graphs of host’ page) only affects hosts that use unusual data sources.

It’s fine for all hosts that get their data with Agent Controller, as normal.

The hosts affected use some other datasource program. They push the data to the monitoring server and a custom datasource program picks it up there (via a rule “Individual program call instead of agent access”).

These hosts also have a rule “Host Check Command” that says “Use the status of the Checkmk Agent”.

And that rule “Host Check Command” seems to cause the problem with the missing graphs on the service graphs page:

• If I disable that rule, the graphs suddenly appear on the “service graphs of host” page.
  • If I change that rule to “Always assume host to be up”, all is fine as well.
  • If I set that rule to “Use the status of the Checkmk Angent” or “Use the status of the service…” (with a random service), the graphs disappear from the “service graphs” page of the host.

Here’s a follow-up with a more specific bug report:
Setting a “Host Check Command” breaks page “Service graphs of host”!? (“No historic metrics recorded but performance data is available.”)

@joerg.mohar was so kind and tried and reproduced this problem. I guess this is a bug in Checkmk.

1 Like