Nothing provides libdbi needed by check-mk-enterprise

**CMK version:2.1.0p11
**OS version:RHEL 8.4

Error message:

yum localinstall /tmp/check-mk-enterprise-2.1.0p11-el8-38.x86_64.rpm

Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - AppStream - Extended Update Support (RPMs) 49 kB/s | 2.8 kB 00:00
Red Hat Satellite Tools 6.7 for RHEL 8 x86_64 - Extended Update Support (RPMs) 33 kB/s | 2.1 kB 00:00
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - BaseOS - Extended Update Support (RPMs) 37 kB/s | 2.4 kB 00:00
Red Hat CodeReady Linux Builder for RHEL 8 x86_64 - Extended Update Support (RPMs) 53 kB/s | 2.8 kB 00:00
Error:
Problem: conflicting requests

• nothing provides libdbi needed by check-mk-enterprise-2.1.0p11-el8-38.x86_64
    (try to add ‘–skip-broken’ to skip uninstallable packages or ‘–nobest’ to use not only best candidate packages)

related Post:

Hello all,
I am installing 2.1.0p11 cee on a fresh rhel 8.4 system and I still have the problem with the package “libdbi”. I also understand the related doc that on RHEL 8 you have to mount only the repo “codeready-builder-for-rhel-8-x86_64-rpms”. All other instructions refer to centos. Can someone from checkmk maybe say something about this? I can get this package onto the system in a roundabout way, but a clean way would be nice.
Don’t other users who also use RHEL 8 have this issue?

VG
Christian

I’m encountering the same issue. Seems that redhat took out libdi package from codeready repo.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

According to this, it is a RHEL7 package, so not available for RHEL8.
Why is the EL8 version of CEE trying to install it?

Hello Garth,
To be honest, I haven’t come across this error for a while. So it doesn’t really occur on RHEL8 systems anymore. Are you sure you are installing the RHEL8 cmk package and not the RHEL7 package by mistake? It happened to me once.
Apart from that, with RHEL8 you definitely need the additional Codeready Builder repository, do you have that attached to the system?

regards
Christian

Hi, yes its definitely the el8 package and yep I have codeready builder repo added.

This is the redhat site Considerations in adopting RHEL 8 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 | Red Hat Customer Portal

So you are saying libdi installed fine for you? would you mind doing a dnf info libdi
and telling me what repo provided it?

I got it sorted, I needed EPEL

Hi @GarthH ,
which checkmk Version do you want to install? I’ve checked my latest checkmk 2.2 Installations and obviously the checkmk rpm package does not require libdi anymore. But maybe it is still required for 2.1 Installations.

root@xxx

rpm -qa |grep libdbi

root@xxx

omd version

OMD - Open Monitoring Distribution Version 2.2.0b6.cee

regards